Teacher Burning Questions:
- How do you know whether or not students are "getting it" during class time? If a student still does not "get it" after you explain a few times what do you do?
- What do you do if a student is too shy or embarrassed to ask for further clarification when everyone else in the class seems to get it?
- How much time do you feel you need to spend on class preparation?
- Do you have any methods, which help make a Math lesson more interesting and easier for students to understand?
- When you mark your students’ tests, which aspect is more important: the correct number (as an answer) or the method which students use to obtain the answer?
Student Burning Questions
- What intimidates you most about math?
- What do you normally do when you don't understand something during class time?
- What do you like most about your teachers? Least?
- Do you like studying Math (yes or no)? Why?
- What do you wish your teacher would do in order to help you study Math better?